Lightroom Preset: Leica M8 Colors with your Nikon
Written by: Max Penson
A few weeks ago a kammagamma reader asked me if it is possible to set Adobe Lightroom to mimic his Leica M8 colors with Nikon D3 RAW files. For those of you who don’t own a Leica M8 rangefinder, Leica M8 captures DNG files with gamma and color settings that were designed by Leica. So when opening Leica M8 DNG files in Lightroom or ACR, a “Leica” color look is being applied to the images. Long story short, it’s rather simple to mimic those setting with lightroom for Nikon cameras and I think most of you might find this preset interesting.
I’ve tested this preset with some Canon cameras and it was quite close (although in theory it should be the same), but there is more accuracy with Nikon D3/D300 cameras. If there is going to be demand for this preset I’ll try to produce a more accurate Canon version. Please do let me know how this preset works for you.
Digg this story Add to del.icio.us
- Leica M8 and M9 DNG Profiles for all
- Top story: Leica M8 colors
- New Leica M8 Firmware
- Is Lightroom using new colors?
- Leica DIGILUX 3 impressions
- Leica M8 Colors
- Solving the Leica M8 DNG riddle
- New top story, Nikon D300.
- Nikon D80 vs. Nikon D200 Scene – High ISO
- New Photography Website for Four Thirds users
- Nikon D80 vs. Nikon D200 Studio Scene – Low ISO
- New Nikon EXPEED image processor
- Canon EOS 400D vs. Nikon D80 Studio Scene – Low ISO
- LED 15″ MacBook Pro Gamut
- Nikon D200 vs. Canon EOS 5D Studio Scene – Low ISO